Adult Immunisation Grants
There are four categories available for entry. You are required to enter your submission into the category which best represents you/your team:
Key Objectives of the Grants
The GSK Adult Immunisation Grants will be awarded to support innovative programs of activity that clearly aim to meet one or more of the following:
- Improve awareness/education of the benefits of immunisation for defined disease area(s) and targeted groups of adults
- Improve a key aspect of immunisation practice and/or immunisation management for defined disease area(s) and targeted groups of adults
- Improve access to immunisation for defined disease area(s) and targeted groups of adults
The total value of the grant is $20,000. These monies will be provided to the recipient in two instalments: $15,000 shortly after the announcement of the successful applicant, to enable the project to commence, and the remaining $5,000 9 months later, in conjunction with a brief progress report.
Examples where a Grant may be awarded include (but are not limited to) programs that aim to:
- increase awareness of the need to boost immunity for certain diseases
- address the need for travel vaccination
- outreach to expectant and new parents and grandparents
- provide an immunisation recall and/or reminder service for itinerant workers
- provide after-hours services or mobile immunisation clinics
Examples of previous winners can be found here.
Judging and Notifications of Recipients
Applications for the Grants will be assessed by an independent judging panel consisting of experts in immunisation and working GPs. The judges’ decision on Grant recipients will be final.
If the judging panel deem a mentor is required for the implementation of the program, a member of the panel will be appointed to act as a mentor.
Recipients of the Grants were announced at the 2013 National Primary Health Care Conference. Wednesday 13 - Friday 15 November 2013, Gold Coast Convention and Exhibition Centre.